Tuesday 8 May 2012

Massage in Singapore, Sure!

I’ve always been a huge fan of massages (Thailand spoils you, you know) but I’ve always steered clear from massage centers in Singapore. Firstly, the unreasonably inflated packages deter me from even considering, and secondly, hard-selling. Thank you and no thank you, please give me a break!

Mercifully, I’ve been designated to do a client’s product review of Jean Yip Loft’s services. 



An easy-to-spot building opposite Pearl's Centre 
Jean Yip Loft is a noticeable 7-storey building clad in glass, standing right beside Duxton Plain Park – how very apt and comforting! My first foot into this sanctuary sent me hovering in cloud 9, with that uplifting lemongrass scent that’s oh-so inviting, white-washed interior arrayed with full-length mirrors as well as the vibrant medley of beauty products neatly lined on the mirrored shelves. Instantaneously, I got served by a jolly lass standing behind the oval counter. She got hold of a therapist and sent me ambling down the aisle of massage rooms on level 6 (by the way, the 6th storey is usually where massages for men are carried out). 
Clinically White



Vibrantly arrayed beauty products
They even sell faux, pretty floral arrangements



In a jiffy, I was stripped and already lying face down on the warm electrical massage bed. With the soothing tunes of nature purring in the air and the warmth of the electrically heated bed, I was already drifting halfway to nirvana.
Massage room for singles
One out of the many factors that sets my massage treatment apart from others is that my therapist didn’t whip up her aroma oils and pounce on me instantly. Instead, she did a body analysis and deduced that my body type best suits a less intensive and averagely-pressured hand-knead. For a moderately pressured massage, I was recommended to go Swedish (oh thank heavens for that!) Truly, I haven’t tried a Swedish massage before and this is certainly my first but definitely not my last!

My therapist had well-controlled hand strength and I could feel my knots untying themselves up with every knead and pound! She slathered the warm massage oil over my back and started gently yet firmly finger-kneading my shoulders and back, up till my neck. Her strokes were consistent and restorative and I felt as if I had a pair of new shoulders at once!

Many a time I’ve been massaged too intensively that my bones feel like they’ve got hairline cracks on them. However, my experience at Jean Yip Loft was very dissimilar as my therapist was often checking with me on the intensity of her kneading – if it was too hard for me.
After massage - what bliss!
I was relishing in every knead and every pound of the 60 minute that it just flew by without me realizing it was time. But enjoyment didn’t just end there! After my revitalizing massage (I swear I felt the lightest), I was ushered to the Lounge at level 2 where it was graced with neatly placed sofas and armchairs housed on spotless marbled floor. I was served a cup of uplifting ginger tea (tasted a bit like lemongrass too) and a bowl of red bean barley dessert. What a perfect ending to my gratifying massage!
Thumbs Up!
By the way, being me, I just had to get a tour of the building – they’ve got a rooftop swimming pool and Jacuzzi, overlooking Chinatown! Beat that! This roof deck is available for rent if you’ve got a private function, hen’s night or a corporate event (so is the lounge at level 2). Each level in the 7-storey building is dedicated to specific treatments (i.e. hair, manicure, couple massage rooms, facial, slimming).
Roof Top pool overlooking Chinatown - for members only


Did you know, White Cafe is operated and run by Jean Yip?
My take to you on my Monday-blues eradicator is that if you’re seeking to pamper yourself in style (so that you don’t have to suffer in the hands of overly-torturous kneading extremists in silence), is to make an appointment to start your pampering expedition at Jean Yip Loft today.
Here's a snapshot of the couple room with milk bath - how intimate!

Recharged, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment