Thursday 26 January 2012

Accentuate your face, mummies!

As a lady, I obstinately coax all other women (grannies, mummies, executives – kids not included) to coddle and love yourself by learning how to heighten your best features for self-confidence! If you haven’t been dyed-in-the-wool on that, you’re missing out on how much more love you’d be showering yourself with if you’ve learnt the trick of making YOU feel loved by YOU!
Women's best girlfriends
Vanity is ineffectual in this perspective because I strongly feel that all women should make themselves feel self-confident, irrespective of place, company and situation. I rarely leave home without partially dolling myself up – can’t leave my eyeliner behind! Some might catalogue this as plain narcissism, but I undertake that I’m only building my blocks of contentment in this manner. New age ruling pronounces that natural beauty does exist - imperceptibly.

To begin with, thanks to all my supporters and readers who have steadfastly blog stalk me and left me comments/ mails on arresting topics you’re keen in me covering. First, being, make-up tips. I don’t legitimately confess that I’ve got great make-up skills, but I do admit that I’m decent at dolling my face up.

First off, I start with slapping splodges of concealer to hide my dark eye rings and any visible redness on my face. I swear by ZA 2 concealer as it masks my blemishes effortlessly! After camouflaging my flaws, I pat on a thin layer of compact powder to even out the tone – escapism from patchy facial tinting.
Patting on foundation over concealer helps to even your skin tone
Because I don’t have lush eyebrows, I stroke in light brushes of pencil linings to accentuate my brows.
Lining my eyes is a must (trust me, I still do love my eyes whether they’re lined or not), but I’d line them whenever I leave my home as I adore well-defined eyes. I start off by lining the inner corners of my eye with liquid eyeliner, and continue with jagged strokes across my lash line. I don’t line my lash line with 1 single straight stroke because that usually turns out unnatural and tacky. Keeping your make up as natural as conceivable is always the best! I end off my upper lid lining with a cat-eye stroke at the edge.
Stroking in where necessary 
Draw your lash lines with jagged strokes
Once my upper lids are lined, I’ll switch my liquid liner to a kohl-based pencil for my lower lash line. The kohl-based pencil helps avert smudging as the lower lash line is predisposed to dampness. I start with a sheer cat-eye stroke from the outer end of my eye (joining my upper lash’s edge) and continue with jagged strokes all the way till it reaches ¾ of my entire eye. I don’t line my whole lower lash line as it is a bit heavy for non-occasions.
Starting from the end of my lower lash 
Stopping at 3/4 of the length of my eye
To contour your cheek and jaw line, I use an angled brush to highlight my cheek bones, ending off with gradual dusting of bronzer along my jaw line. This certainly helps attaining a quick and fast contouring solution to your facial outline (great help if you’ve got big jaw line and undefined cheek bones).
Define your jaw and cheek bones instantly!
Dust your cheeks with a natural rose-toned blusher (some prefer neutral coloured ones, whichever suits your skin best).
Gradually dust your cheeks with pats of blusher


I seldom toy with my lashes as mascara weakens the lashes almost instantaneously, neither do I curl it often. I don’t highly endorse my facial products as different skins adapt to skin products contrariwise. The most important regimen in your makeup and skin care guide is to clean off your makeup meticulously! It doesn’t matter if you’re using Chanel, Maybelline or Mei Fang Synthetic Makeup set from China – if you don’t clean off your makeup properly, you’d have potholes and blemished skin for sure.
hmm... dodgy synthetic makeup...

I’ve never fancied makeup removers or sheets as I don’t feel that they effectively remove makeup. I swear by Johnson’s baby oil as my makeup remover. What I do is that I soak my cotton squares in Johnson’s baby oil and wipe it across my face (lash line and mascara included). Let the oil seep in for a bit and wash off your face with a good facial wash. Your face will feel as fresh as new – not clogging or greasy at all, contrary to stereotypical mindsets. What oil does is that it sits in your pores, causing the makeup sediments to float to the surface of your skin!
My makeup MUST HAVE!
Now, how cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment