Friday 13 January 2012

Flaming Liporghini

Did you know that conventional lipsticks are almost a suicide attempt in the making?
You might want to think twice!
Content 1: Methylparaben
This is a preservative that has been linked to cancer. It disrupts the endocrine system, which means that they cause a massive case of dysfunction to your hormonal glands. This is a definite no go for me.

Content 2: Propylparaben
This ingredient irritates the skin and eyes in some. It, too, disrupts the endocrine system, only on a less severe degree than content 1.

Content 3: Retinyl Palmitate
A completely toxic chemical ingredient to pregnant women!

Some of you might have read that a standard content in lipstick is fish scales – nah, not quite true! Pearlescence lipsticks that boast a proud layer of sparkle do contain fish scales as the shimmer is extracted from fish scales. If you choose a lipstick that’s matte-finished, you don’t have to be excessively disturbed by the fish scale tale.
1 glide for a matte look (above) 2 glides and above will bring out the shimmer!
As for me, I’ve never been a fan of lipsticks as the chemical colouration causes lip pigmentation – NO WAY! That’ll mean you’d have a darker shade of lip (maroon to brown) if you’re using lipstick everyday, for a couple of years. For ladies who swear by their lip smackers, I apologize, but I’m just not an activist of lipsticks.
Perfect CNY treat for your lips!
Of course, we all know that we occasionally fall prey to exhaustion, stress and all the usual 9am to 6pm syndromes, and sometimes we’d have to admit that we look as pale as sleet. However, the last thing I’d want to do is to coat toxins on my lips, so I turn to my innocuous bet – my lip balm.

Review: Nivea Fruity Shine Pomegranate Tinted Lip Balm
Rating: 5/5
Just 1 glide of lip balm for a natural look! (Of course the more coats = the darker  the colour!)
I am a devout fan of this product and I never leave my home without it. It is designed to plump up your lips without making them look like red sausages. This lip balm glides smoothly over your lips, leaving a melon-scented fragrance with a natural rose-pink tint behind. The sheerness of the colour creates an instant glow on your face and transforms you from zero to hero in just 1 glide!

There are more reasons to smile with Nivea!
Although it is not as long-wearing as lipsticks, I still don’t find it less of a must-have. Glide it on after meals, after drinking from the neck of a bottle, or even after kissing someone. It is just that simple yet it’s underrated. Since this lip balm enables me to attain a natural healthy look (or so I think), I’ve never had second thoughts on purchasing another brand of lip smacker/ gloss/ balm.
Lip-smackingly GOOD!

I’ve been using this lip balm for 3 years. A single stick of lip balm can last me half a year (cool right!)

Find this product at:
Guardian, Watsons, all major leading departmental stores

No comments:

Post a Comment