Friday 13 January 2012

Building Baby's Blocks

It is almost a tacit understanding that breastfeeding works wonders for both mummies and babies. However, it is not fool-proof that your baby will have a stronger immunity if she’s breastfed. In this era, no matter how we try to offer the best for our babies, its wretchedly inadequate. Environment, bacteria, weather, people, food and all other underlying unconstructiveness affects baby as badly.

Review: NAN H.A (Nestle) 
Rating: 3/5
A sample packaging of NAN H.A
I weaned my girl off at 1 month – personal decision, but I’ve got no misgivings! I started her off with NAN H.A (a hypoallergenic formula) and I thought she was gaining weight at a slower pace. I couldn’t quite decrypt if she started developing phlegm because of this formula, or if it was because she has always been a heavy breather.

My personal take on NAN H.A is that it is evidently a formula which many mummies would queue to buy because of its promising “hypoallergenic” claim. That was the main reason why I laid hands on this hopeful tin of miracle for my girl.

My girl has been on NAN H.A for almost a month before she fell categorically ill (down with chronic bronchitis). To clarify, it was not caused by NAN H.A., rather, she caught a bug somewhere. Anyway, during her recovery (my mum was mostly nurturing her back to health), my mum suggested that the milk powder might be the aggravator of my girl’s condition since it might be causing phlegm build-up.

Review: S26 Gold (Wyeth Nutrition)
Rating: 4.5/5
A sample packaging of S26 Gold
Because my sister and I grew up thriving (physically) ahead of babies our age, I was also heartened to try my girl out on S26 – the same formula my sis and I grew up on. After switching her to S26, her phlegm problem seemed to recede gradually. It is a common understanding that S26 helps babies pack on the pounds at a healthy rate – probably caused by some ingredients within. True enough, my girl beefed up in 2 months!

I really like S26 because it is reasonably priced compared to the Enfa and Nestle ranges. It is also vegetable-based and relatively sweet. My girl finishes her S26 more easily than NAN – I suppose it satisfies her palate.
However, please take note that not all babies are bred the identically. Some thrive on certain formula brands; others get constipated or break out with allergies. But at the end of the day, it is always best to read about reviews and recommendations on each formula and brand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment