Monday 16 January 2012

Help! My baby pooped!

Aren’t there just one too many striking and appealing packs diapers on the racks these days? Mummies shouldn’t be indicted for spending hours scampering down the aisles in search of the finest items for their babies, because I too am guilty of this!
Which empire of  baby aisle should I conquer next?
It is always about trying to make a compromise with price and quality – the more you earn, the more you spend! Anyway, I’ve asked and been asked about the “best” diaper brands around and I recalled spending hours in front of my computer, surfing through sites that offer gratis diaper and milk powder samples. I recommend you doing the same as the diaper samples that I got really came in handy! (http://www.bzmommy.com/free/)

Review: Pet Pet Diapers
Rating: 4.5 / 5
Adorable prints in a very pretty colour!
This is my preferred brand of diapers not only for its funky baby animal prints, but also because it has proven that it is both easy on the pocket and baby-friendly. My girl uses Pet Pet during the day and hasn’t had any bad case of rash breakout yet. Pet Pet comes in S – XL and has a smaller-than-usual cutting as it is tailored for Asian babies who’re generally smaller-boned. The drawbacks of this brand is that if you’ve got a big baby, you might want to opt for a bigger size (oh, the weight indication in reference to the sizing isn’t always accurate if your baby is a preemie/ on the larger side). However, because my girl has small bones, the size indication fits her quite well since day one. Of course this diaper is not fool proof. If your baby happened to have not passed motion in 2 days, this diaper might not be able to contain the whole bulk of the matter as Pet Pet is made from a generally thinner material compared to other American brands. Other than that, I highly recommend this brand of diaper for daytime use.

They even have the cutest website! http://hk.petpetdiapers.com/HK/

Review: Huggies
Rating: 4 / 5
Dark prints will fade once diaper is soiled
Huggies is my choice selection when it comes to a quick overnight solution. I don’t have to worry about seepage booboo’s! The best part of it all is that Huggies’ has one of the best absorbency levels as compared to the other brands. It is a cut above Asian diapers (Drypers/ Pet Pet/ GOON/ Fitti/ Mammypoko and all housebrands, in terms of pricing. My girl had a minor case of diaper rash just once when she was an infant because we probably didn’t change her on the spot. Huggies comes in various sizes and you don’t have to fret if you’ve got a bigger baby (you only worry when your baby is really tiny!) because it originates from America. I highly recommend Huggies for your sleeping buddy!

Review: Pampers
Rating: 1/5
Baby certainly doesn't look all that happy!
A total no-go for my girl as this ultra-synthetic diaper was the cause of my girl’s bad rash outbreak. Its material (as mentioned) feels awfully fibrous with an unfinished layer of synthetic plastic coating right where baby pees and poops. I’m not sure about other mummies, but I definitely wouldn’t try this again.

Review: GOON
Rating: 3.5 / 5

I agree - weird name for diapers!
I LOVE this brand of diaper for its absorbency and sizing! The major drawback of this diaper is that it is highly priced and I virtually had to search high and low for GOON.  I got to know of GOON via an online web portal, where I requested for 2 samples of GOON diapers. It is soft, thin, yet absorbent and light – a perfect fit for our very humid Singapore weather! It is also odourless when soiled and doesn’t cause side abrasions. If you’re very particular about quality above price, then I recommend you to stick to this brand.


With the sudden influx of baby brands and unconventional products in this epoch, there is no way in which you’re able to substantiate and suss out the best brands in the market. The above are solely based on my personal experience, and you’d have to know that every baby is just…. Simply different! 


*Anyway, please pardon my text alignment and layout. I'm experiencing technical difficulties at the moment. Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment