Monday 9 January 2012

Cherry-picking your Gynae

Thankfully I haven’t had reservations on consulting a male gynae – what’s the difference, really! I must admit that I’ve been blessed to have arbitrarily stumbled into Dr. K.C Ching’s Clinic at Mt. Alvernia. Well, I always hankered to deliver at Mt. A for obvious reasons like their unsurpassed service standards and lip-smacking confinement menu, amongst many other whys and wherefores.

Dr Ching passes off as a matured professional in his early 60s (if I must guesstimate) who’s very stern and in-your-face. He didn’t hold back when it came to commenting on my trivial, albeit sensible, questions. He also does delivery at Mt. Elizabeth (you can consult him there too, on afternoons).
When Dr. Ching was younger and skinnier

Although he seemed to me as a grouch at times, he always gave me suggestions to lessen my worries. Very professional and popular amongst E.R patients and expectant mothers. Be prepared to wait at least 1 to 2 hours to consult him (yes dear, even after you’ve booked an appointment too!) But fret not, his clinic assistants are very chatty and approachable so that’ll probably solve ¾ of your waiting woes!
He's got a few high-tech machines

Dr Ching is also a very well known Obgyn for stitching you up after Episiotomy. That’ll mean you’ll have a quicker healing period (it only took me 3 days for the soreness to completely wear off), considering some stitched up patients take 6 months to a year to completely heal!

Oh, I paid much higher for Dr Ching than most other gynaes, but I would say that sometimes, its really the price you pay. You wouldn't want to be traumatized by a grueling birthing experience, right? 

p/s: Never ask him about Caesarean or be prepared to sit in for a 1 hour lecture.

Find Dr K.C Ching at:

K C Ching Clinic And Surgery For Women
Blk 820 Thomson Rd #02-01
Mount Alvernia Medical Centre
Singapore 574623

Operating Hours: 8am - 5pm (Mon-Fri); 8am - 1pm (Sat)
Tel: 6354 6238


3 Mount Elizabeth, #10-13
Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre
Singapore 228510

No comments:

Post a Comment