Saturday 21 January 2012

Feed me some beetles, please!

Alas, a scrumptious and abundant start to the New Year came knocking on my palates’ door in the form of a pack of vivid handmade beetles! If you’ve read my previous posting, I was highly recommending a dear friend’s baked creations for both its ingenuity and healthfulness. Just yesterday, I finally got my hands on 50 vivacious beetles all neatly stacked and packed!
My oh-so-colourful box of joy <3
My first taster of the soft yet spongy steamed beetle simply left me hankering for more. The texture of the steamed cake was nothing short of perfect, with a decent proportion of sweetness and velvetiness.
Who would resist?
Because I’m almost the world’s number 1 fan of Nutella, I vouch it by ordering a batch of 50 Nutella beetles. The Nutella beetles were not cloyingly sweet and the spurt of Nutella was just of the right amount – not too saccharine, not too heavy on the palate.
Soft, spongy texture
These bite-sized beetles will substitute all the unhealthier Chinese New Year goodies for me and I no longer have to feel all that guilty after all that snacking! The beetles are made with no butter, no margarine and no unnecessary fats and oils – almost the best chow for vain people like me!
Just the right amount of Nutella!
They also come in Kaya and Coconut flavours. 
Perfect gift/ pot luck item for any occasion! 

Find the baker at:
Dina Liyana
shaylasisters@hotmail.sg

No comments:

Post a Comment