Tuesday 10 January 2012

Eye Emphasis

Since I’ve had requests and questions on makeup tips, I’ve decided to dedicate more coverage on this. Oh, pardon my fuzzy photos – they were taken under minimal lighting.

I know of many women who surrender their vanity after baby arrives. I beg to differ, probably because I’m vain by nature, so I won’t overlook dolling myself up!

Anyway, I don’t have beady or big-set eyes to begin with but I’m pretty happy with what I’ve been given. However, it’s always best to know some tricks to enhance what you’ve got. I put more emphasis on my eyes and tone down the rest of my makeup to avoid looking like a parrot (my personal preference!)
Dobby has huge eyes

Review: Revlon Colourstay Liquid Eyeliner


I’ve been using this product for more than 2 years and I’m very contented with it. I started out using kohl pencil for my eyelids before I switched to a liquid-based one.  The downside of kohl for my upper lids is that I always end up looking like a walking panda. So for those of you who’ve got oily lids, I strongly recommend Revlon liquid liner as it doesn’t smudge for the entire day (that’s if you don’t get caught under the rain!) It has a pointed brush tip that’s stiffer than the regular brushes – a big ease to all drawing malfunctions.

Find this product at:
Guardian, Watsons, John Little and other leading departmental stores @ $17 onwards

Review: Christian Dior Kohl Eyeliner Pencil

I contour the bottom of my lash line with CD Kohl eyeliner as it has proven to be one of the unmatched kohl pencils in the market. It doesn’t blotch so easily as other brands that I’ve tried before and it has a smooth application tip that doesn’t roughen your delicate skin around your eyes. For a smoky-eye effect, you can smudge the contour line with the sponge-like head at the other end of the pencil. This pencil comes with a sharpener as well. This greatly dramatizes your eyes!

Find this product at:
All Christian Dior counters @ $40 onwards
End result:

Pardon the shadow. Eye without mascara.

p/s: Stay tuned for more makeup advices, tips, pics and clips! 

No comments:

Post a Comment